Who has to pay to remove the cement from a patio that belongs to my neighbor, but is on my property?

Asked over 1 year ago - Valley City, ND

We have decided to put a fence along the south side of our property. The problem is, that our neighbor to the south has a patio on the north side of his house and a portion of it is on our property. Both properties involved are several years old and the patio existed before we or our neighbor owned our respective properties. How do we handle figuring out how to pay for the removal so we can put up our fence? Do we share the cost?

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . To keep good will between you two you could negotiate a deal acceptable to all.

In truth it would cost way more to litigate than negotiate.