Who has expertise in litigation with ny judges

Asked about 2 years ago - Mount Vernon, NY

who has expertise in litigation with ny judges

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

3

Answered . What do you mean? Judges do not litigate; they preside over litigation. Judges cannot be sued for acts they take as judges because they have absolute immunity.

2. Paul Karl Siepmann

Pro

2

Answered . There may not be much you can do about that at the trial stage. It sounds like you're pretty far along in the case already. I assume you have an attorney. If you don't, and you're involved in litigation with a Judge as the defendant, you should be in a venue where that judge doesn't sit. I hope you have an attorney that doesn't practice regularly in front of either of the judges in your case (presiding or obviously, the defendant.)

3. Howard Robert Roitman

1

Answered . in general judges have immunity for their acts as judges.