Who do I turn to when dcf doesn't help?

Palm Harbor, FL |

I reported to dcf about 4 months ago because a young mom is living with her 3 kids in an unlivable home. They gave her a warning all 3 times they visited. The house is layered in cat, dog, and children feces. When you turn on the lights, the walls move because of the enormous amount of bugs. Not only is the house unlivable, but she refuses to take care of her kids. They tell me how she's hit them & destroys their toys. I can hear her screaming and cursing at them for no reason. I love these kids and I don't want them to be taken away from their mom, but I just don't think its fair to them. They don't know what a clean house or what real food is. Dcf is blaming the other residents and feeling sorry for the mom. The residents have done all they can but its out of their control.

Each case is different and each case demands the attention of an experienced attorney. If you are not a relative, there is little you can do on your own, but be a positive influence in the lives of the people involved. Instead of complaining about how filthy the house is, clean it, help her clean it. Get rid of the bugs, make sure the kids have adequate food and bathe regularly. Do not think that DCF is going to help, they often create more problems.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239

If it is that bad keep calling DCF until they get involved.

Child custody topics