Who do i sue if the accident was not my fault, the driver of the car or the owner of the car?

Maryville, TN |

does the owner of the car pay for my damages or the driver of the car?

Follow the car. Don't try to settle the claim yourself, as unrepresented parties only get 11% of what represented parties get.

Get a lawyer with a low contingency fee, such as 29%, so you are left with the lion’s share of the settlement money. Don’t get hurt twice by using a lawyer with a huge fee.

Click on the name of the lawyer answering your question to see their profile, and then you can click the view website tab to find out detailed information on your personal injury topic. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

Sue both. Let the defendants to the finger pointing one against the other. That drives up the value.

Do not negotiate by yourself with the insurer. HIre a lawyer. The insurance companies have studies they created that reveal the settlement value at least doubles when an injury victim is represented by an attorney. If you get a skilled trial attorney, the value goes up more.

Sue the driver - he is the only one that was negligent. The only way the owner can be negligent is if he negligently entrusted his vehicle to an irresponsible or unqualified driver. If you were injured in the accident, make sure that you make a claim for underinsured motorist benefits against your own carrier in the event the driver has insufficient insurance to satisfy your claim. You need further direction feel free to contact me at

Recommended articles about Personal injury