Who do i sue?

Asked over 1 year ago - Altamonte Springs, FL

stopped to get gas and the hose busted showering me in gas.rushed to the hospital burned my eyes and some spots of my skin.

1. James Donald Garrett

17

6

Answered . You may have a claim against the station itself, the maker of the hose, or both. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area to discuss your case.

2. Clifford M. Miller

Pro

14

1

Answered . I think your own PIP insurance would provide some coverage for your medical bills. There are other potential defendants as well, including the gas station and manufacturers of the pump and hose.

3. Tanya Marie Bachand

13

Answered . First, consult with a personal injury attorney in your area, this could be a premise liability case (against the gas station/owner) or a products liability case (against the hose manufacturer) or a negligence case (against the installer of the hose/system). Or it could be all three.

This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  4. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

8

Best Answer

Answered . There may be a number of people who have responsibility here. Your attorney will know who to sue.You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on Avvo.com.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.
  5. Michael R Crosner

11

Answered . Consult a local FL personal injury attorney immediately so they investigate your case. There are several possible defendants & only a trained professional attorney will be able the flush out the proper parties.

Pro

11

Answered . Gas station. Retain a local personal injury lawyer.