Who do I need to get in touch with now? Had lifetime medical settlement and now the workers comp. ins. carrier will not help me

Asked over 1 year ago - Florence, AL

I had to have a reputed disk removed and fusion done on my c5-c6 part of my neck. I had lifetime medical as part of the settlement. Now the worker's comp. insurance carrier will not do anything for me since my previous employer changed carrier's. They say they are the ones to talk to and the previous employer will not talk to either. I am having problems again was told I could have more problems for the surgery later. I was a CNA at the time of the surgery and no long work doing that .

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Bernard Dobbie Nomberg

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You likely will be left with no option but to go back to court to have your settlement agreement enforced. Instead if getting the run around and endless frustration, you need to consult with the attorney who helped you or another attorney experienced in these matters.

    Alabama State Bar, Rules of Professional conduct, Rule 7.2 (e), requires the following language in all attorney... more
  2. Jon Ethan Lewis

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You should write the insurance company and employer a certified letter and ask them to explain to you in writing why they are denying your treatment.

    No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal... more
  3. David Philip Nomberg

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . This situation is happening more often. Your employer and its insurance company may likely be in breach of your settlement agreement. You need to consult with an attorney specializing in representing injured workers to discuss your options.

    No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of... more
  4. George Ellis Corson IV

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your best bet is to get your prior Attorney to return to Court for enforcement of your future medical award.

    We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,081 answers this week

3,073 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,081 answers this week

3,073 attorneys answering