Skip to main content

Who can I talk to about my dcfs case?

Champaign, IL |

I was charged with exposing my children to d.v. I totally agree with it. I have done everything the courts has asked of me. Now I feel they are just postponing me getting my children back home. They drug test me but not the fathers. Also why is that when my kids movie back in my house in may do I not get my c.s or a link card? I am the one taking care of my children.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Contact your County Bar Association first thing in the morning. Call the courthouse if you don't have their contact information (They clerks office should have it).

DCFS is a very very niche area, few practitioners handle it, and you need someone who has experience. Your bar association will refer you to the person that will best assist you without breaking your bank account.

Best of luck!


You are legally entitled to have the court consider appointing counsel to represent you in court. If you already have one then this question should be taken up with him or her. You should be having administrative case reviews to go over your service plan and whether or not you are performing satisfactorily. In court there will be permanency hearings roughly every 6 months where the judge will select a goal for your children and see that DCFS is properly working toward achieving that goal. If you have cooperated with DCFS or its contract agency, have complied with tasks and services in your service plan, and have corrected the conditions that led to the removal of your children from your care, then you should be getting custody back. Custody, however, is different from guardianship, which won't revert to you until usually 3-6 month after regaining custody. With custody you should be able to get child support, but the Link card may require you having legal guardianship.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer