White collar lawyer? what is that and is there any in tulsa ok

Bixby, OK |

need a white collar lawyer in tulsa ok?

In my opinion It is really a distinction without a difference most of the time. The speciality anyone who is accused of a crime needs is an experienced criminal lawyer. If there is any possibility that a case is going to go to trial the accused needs an experienced criminal trial lawyer. (Trial is war so find yourself a warrior)

These distinctions that some lawyers make about regarding their "expertise" in a particular sub-class of law is usually more about branding and marketing.

2. White collar crimes are those relating primarily to nonviolent financial crimes.

Some would call it theft by pen rather than theft by gun or force.

And yes, there are numerous capable attorneys in the Tulsa metro and beyond.

3. White collar crimes are crimes that relate to fraud in the most general sense. Sometimes it is defined as a non-violent but I do not ascribe to that definition. An example of why the non-violent definition is not accurate is Money Laundering connected with a drug conspiracy.
    Many lawyers practice in this area. Use the Find a Lawyer search on AVVO.com.

This answer/response is based on the information provided in the question asked and requires a much more complete context than is available in this public forum. Please do NOT use this answer/response to say or do anything regarding your situation. BEFORE you say or do anything consult with an experienced Federal and/or state criminal defense attorney in your jurisdiction who will listen to you and your concerns.

4. Please click on the find a lawyer tab to start your search.

5. As noted white collar crime refers to financial type theft, crimes involving the pen rather than a weapon. A while collar criminal defense lawyer will have experience defending people accused of these sorts of crimes. Were I you, if you are facing a criminal charge in this area I would look for a lawyer who has both negotiated lots of plea deals in this area, along with someone who has tried cases in this area. (that is actually taken a case to a jury verdict) If it's a federal case you want someone who knows the federal criminal system in your jurisdiction well. If I had a federal criminal charge in OK I would very definitely try to find the best person in OK, and not limit myself to Tulsa, you want the best person for your case not the closest. (though that person may well be in Tulsa, no emails please:))

6. "White Collar" criminal defense lawyers are typically those who specialize in defending people charged with a variety of fraud crimes. If you want to find a good one in Tulsa find a former AUSA who used to work in the U.S. Attorney's Office there or nearby. They generally are good at white collar crime defense.

Federal crime topics