Whistleblower for FDA violation?

Asked over 2 years ago - New York, NY

I person works for a medical manufacturer plant. People allow product that is dirty to be push down as good product which violates a certain standard with the FDA. Can this worker report this? What kind of evidence is needed audio and/or video?

Can there be a whistle-blower claim for a FDA violation?

1. 1

Answered . The worker can report this violation to the FDA. The FDA website should have information on how to report a violation and what type of evidence is required. The worker may have a whistleblower claim against the employer if he or she is fired, demoted or treated differently at work because he or she reported a violation.

2. Answered . There may be what is called a Qui Tam lawsuit if any of the product is sold to the government or is paid for with medicare funds. If so, there is the possibility of a large reward to you for reporting the problem. You need to contact an attorney who handles cases for medical billing fraud.

3. 1

Answered . I am a California attorney and cannot give legal advice in your state. My comments are information only, based on federal law and general legal principles. YOUR STATE MAY HAVE ITS OWN LAWS THAT OFFER SIMILAR OR GREATER PROTECTION. If I mention your state’s laws, it only means I did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant. You MUST check with an attorney licensed in your state to learn your rights.

Thank you for standing up for what is right. I know it's a very difficult position to be in. For more information about whistleblowers and their rights, please see my Avvo guide: http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/whistleblo...