Whistle blow of team member caused myself being fired for fratenization.

Team member resigned and wrote letter claiming fratenization. Team members were transferred for over a year due to the fratenizaion policy of company. Fired anyway.

Temecula, CA -

Jibit Cinar

Jibit Cinar

Employment / Labor Attorney - Santa Ana, CA

There is nothing wrong if your employer fired you because of violations of the fraternization policy. Such policies are common in employment and are actually encouraged among employers. However, if you can prove that you were somehow fired because of the whistle-blowing itself, then you may have a claim for wrongful termination.

Michael Robert Kirschbaum

Michael Robert Kirschbaum

Employment / Labor Attorney - Irvine, CA

Is there a question?

Lori Jeanne Costanzo

Lori Jeanne Costanzo

Wrongful Termination Lawyer - San Jose, CA

It depends on the nature of the policy.
A fraternization policy should prohibit romantic relationships between a manager and a reporting staff member. It should also define the behavior that is acceptable and what is not acceptable. The policy should also state clearly the consequences of breaking the policy. Idealy, the policy will provide courses of action that leave an employee with opportunities to understand and follow the policy.