WHILE IN AN ARD PROGRAM FOR AGGRAVATED ASSAULT, SIMPLE ASSAULT AM I CONSIDERED TO HAVE COMMITED THOSE CRIMES UNTIL I HAVE

Philadelphia, PA |

I HAVE COMPLETED THE PROGRAM.

IF I APPLY FOR A JOB OR AN EMPLOYER PULLS MY CRIMINAL RECORD THE FACT THAT I AM IN AN ARD PROGRAM FOR THOSE CRIMES WILL SHOW UP.... ALTHOUGH THERE IS NO ADMISSION OF GUILT WE ALL KNOW YOU DON'T GET INTO AN ARD PROGRAM BECAUSE YOU ARE INNOCENT AND NOT GUILTY

1. Under the ARD program, there is no admiision of guilt nor are you convicted of a crime. You are merely charged and the case will be dismissed upon completion of the program. You can then apply for an expungement and have the criminal record deleted.

2. First let me say that if you got ARD for an Agg Assault your attorney did a darn fine job for you. Otherwise if you are in ARD you are NOT convicted of the crimes so you can honestly say you have not been convicted of committing the specific crimes.

This information does not create an attorney /client relationship and should not be use or relied upon to make any decision in your case. Only consultation with your own attorney can provide you with the advice you need for your case.

3. Typically, when a job application aks a question regarding history-it will be whether you have plead guilty or been convicted of a crime. ARD is neither and therefore you can answer no. Getting ARD for an agg. assault was a good job by the attorney.

4. You say that you have "completed the program." If so, talk to an attorney asap about getting your record expunged. If you are asked if you have ever been found guilty of an offense, ARD is not a finding of guilt nor have you admitted your guilt.