While in a hotel in Las Vegas I slipped in a puddle of water which was the result of a leak in the ceiling dome. What can I do?

Asked about 2 years ago - Redwood City, CA

It had been raining hard for a number of hours, the hotel had some signs up warning of wet floors near the entrances but none in the area where I fell. My hip hurt for the full 3 days of my vacation which limited my activities

1. David Alan Wolf

6

1

Best Answer

Answered . For there to be a case that an attorney would handle, there needs to be documented injuries and a diagnosis. If there is just a visit or two, most attorneys will pass on the case. If you suffered injuries but did not and do not need any medical care, you may still want to contact the hotel to see if any discounts, refunds, or future reservations can be offered in light of your inconvenience.

2. Scott Richard Kaufman

3

1

Answered . I would think that unless you have a permanent injury this is not a high value case, which means there are not going to be a lot of attys lined up to help. Additionally, hopefully, you documented the place of the fall and/or kept a copy of your complaint to the hotel?

Lastly, if I'm right about the above points, a strongly worded letter from an atty may get your some comps for rooms/shows/meals going forward.

3. Sidney Weinstein

5

Answered . Contact a personal injury attorney licensed to practice law in Nevada to give you advice on whether under Nevada law you have a case.

4. Timothy Kent Hobbs II

3

Answered . Unless you have some medical bills this may not be worth pursuing. You can contact either a Nevada or California attorney on this matter as you are a CA resident. Best of luck!

Timothy K. Hobbs II
    Attorney at Law
    Hobbs Law Group
    (626) 387-3834

5. Howard Robert Roitman

Pro

1

Answered . Premises liability, slip and fall or trip and fall injuries can occur as a result of dangerous or hazardous conditions on another's property.Property owners are often responsible for injuries that occur on their property,
    1
    A tragic number of cases end up in permanent injury or death
    Slips, trips, and falls account for 15% of all accidental deaths, second only to automobile fatalities. They are the leading cause of accidents accounting for 30% of all reported accidents.Slips, trips and falls cause thousands of accidents and serious injuries every year. A tragic number of cases end up in permanent injury or death, and the dollar costs associated with these cases can be tremendous. The liability connected with these and other premises issues rightly is the responsibility of a wrong doing landlord. The type of floor surface is often directly responsible for

2
    Floor spills
    Slips occur when there is too little friction or traction between your feet and the walking surface. The most common causes of slips are wet surfaces, ice or other weather hazards, spills, and poor tread on footwear are part of this problem. Mostly it is the spilled liquid on the floor . Typical injuries that occur in slip and fall accident events include sprains, fractures, broken bones, and traumatic brain injuries. The best manner of preventing slips . to maintain safe premises. Hazards like water on floor should be mopped up. Clean up should be immediately after maintenance personnel are made aware of the spill. it's the job of the property to Isolate the spill area by placing cones or barriers around it to make it safe for you.

3
    Inherently slippery floors
    Slips occur when there is too little friction or traction between your feet and the walking surface. The most common causes of slips are wet surfaces, ice or other weather hazards, spills, and poor tread on footwear. No standards or methods of measurement are specified in scoping or technical provisions under federal law as to what is to slippery. safety, or design and testing standards applied by state, local, or industry mandate, such as certain ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) procedures, may require specific values or ranges of slip resistance. A slip-resistant surface provides sufficient frictional counterforce to the forces exerted in walking to permit safe ambulation. Contrary to popular belief, some slippage is in fact necessary for walking, especially for persons with restricted gaits who may drag their feet slightly. Floors that result in slip injurys are a danger and if you have been badly injured becouse of this kind of floor someone else is liklyLibel

4
    What is the difference between a slip, trip, or fall?
    What is the difference between a slip, trip, or fall? Very little, if you are the victim. The pain is the same, so it really doesn’t matter which of the three caused your accident, right? Actually, though, there really are some differences. Slips occur when there is too little friction or traction between your feet and the walking surface. The most common causes of slips are wet surfaces, ice or other weather hazards, spills, and poor tread on footwear. Even clean, dry surfaces with readily-apparent texture will not always be slip resistant. Materials which might be suitable for level surfaces may be inappropriate for sloping surfaces; materials specified for dry conditions may be unsafe when it rains; a leather shoe may perform poorly on smooth dry surfaces yet provide adequate traction when wet. The presence of moisture or other contaminants, the characteristics of the shoe sole may create a danger that should not have occured. the landowner may be libel for this.

5
    Slips occur when there is too little friction or traction between your feet and the walking surface
    Materials that might be appropriate for ramps and level surfaces include concrete wood float surfaces, asphalt, and some types of carpets