While I am file for citizenship on USA can I have one trip outside the country?

San Jose, CA |

I Know I have to be here for biometrics and interview.But is that ok go to another country at that period?Thanks

1. You can leave the U.S. as long as it is not for more than 6 months and you make sure you will be able to appear for your naturalization interview.

This response does not contitue and attorney client relationship and attorney does not assume any liability for aforementioned response to inquiry until such relationship is formally established.

2. Yes you could travel. Make sure you disclose the trip at your naturalization interview. Also make sure that your trip abroad is no longer than 180 days (since it may affect your elibility for citizenship)

3. Yes, but you will need to disclose the trip an the time of the interview.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

4. Yes as long as you are not on the borderline of physical presence as you will need to satisfy this at the time of friling and at the time of your interview.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108
    phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
    email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law