While filing a EEOC complaint, should I hire a lawyer, or should I just file on my own? Will my employer be able to fire me?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fremont, CA

I'm working for a big corporation since 2003 and I am not getting promoted because of my race and gender. Other employees which are lower in seniority to me are getting promoted yet I am not which leads me to believe I am being discriminated. What other options do I have besides EEOC?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Kristine S Karila

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . Why are you sending the same question multiple times?

  2. John Noah Kitta

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . If you can find an experience labor law attorney who is interested in your case, I would suggest you retain that individual. This individual will know how to frame- up the issues, and they can also start investigative work in regard to putting the facts and evidence together that support your contentions.

    If you have found this information helpful, please let the attorney know by marking best answer. Thank you.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,254 answers this week

3,100 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,254 answers this week

3,100 attorneys answering