While dining at Red Robin Restaurant on April first, I bit down on something hard and broke a tooth. I talked with an assistant

Asked about 1 year ago - Fort Worth, TX

Asst. Mgr. took a picture of my tooth that had broken off. I asked Red Robin to pay my dental bill. They accepted no responsibility at all and refused. I am suing them in small claims court to recover my losses. I ate at Red Robin in Hurst. Texas. While there, I was told by Andres, district manager that the owner of the restaurant, Bobby Reynolds, said that I can never return to that restaurant. I still have a gift card with $112.38 on it. I have never caused any trouble in the restaurant except for my broken tooth; that was not my fault. I am a seventy-two year old retired educator with no criminal history. Can he do that? What recourse do I have?

1. Albert Lee Crosner

7

Answered . I agree with Attorney Schoen. Both the owner and you can do whatever you want.

2. Byron Craig Alfred

5

Answered . Small claims court seems to be proper in this instance. Good luck.

3. David Ian Schoen

Pro

6

Answered . You should not use names here and he can do whatever he wants. You also can do whatever you want including bringing a claim against or suing the restaurant.

4. George Costas Andriotis

6

Answered . Don't use names and file suit if you feel it necessary.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

Pro

5

Answered . You are taking it to small claims court which is a good option.

6. Richard L. Armstrong

Pro

2

Answered . In the strict sense, as a private business owner he can deny you entry for any number of reasons; however, he would be foolish to do so. You should reenter and seek service like any other patron, and then if he denies you service, I would contact the corporate headquarters and explain the situation. I would be willing to bet that they would overrule him. If they do not, I suggest you contact the local news media and they would gladly run a story on this, which would make the restaurant rue the day they acted this way.