Which visa is required to step 2 CS exam and attend interviews for medical residency training in USA?

Asked about 2 years ago - Marion, IL

hi, i am a doctor , planning to give step 2 CS exam and attend inteviews in coming months.

1. Scott D. Pollock

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. The B-1/B-2 visitor visa is the appropriate category. Just keep in mind that it requires a temporary purpose and intent to return to your country when the purpose is realized. Most residency programs are done by Foreign Medical Graduates on H-1B or J-1 visas. You should consult with an experienced U.S. attorney regarding the terms and conditions of the various visa categories.

Scott D. Pollock
    www.lawfirm1.com

Scott D. Pollock
    www.lawfirm1.com

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . B-2

3. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Pro

Answered . A B1/B-2 visa is what you apply for. You are coming in for a business purpose to attend interviews and take the USMLE and CS exam. Once you have completed the steps and clinicals, and you are eligible for a license, you can apply for an H-1B visa (possibly cap exempt). This way, you will not be saddled with seeking a waiver after your training is completed.