Which type of attorney should I contact for a case involving negligence, fraud, forgery, and illegally opening mail?

I had a check sent to my house but i just moved. my room mates were still there and i told them a check should be coming in a few days. just lost my job, had no money to pay bills and the check was big. someone opened it and took it to wells fargo and cashed it without any ID or fingerprint. my school who sent the check sent all my documentation to a fraud investigator at wells fargo. i have yet to receive my money. my bills are all late. i have been under constant stress and emailing back and forth with my school hoping to get this resolved. i would like to sue wells fargo under the person who allowed it to be cashed since it was in the course of regular employment. i also want to sue the individuals who cashed it. please advise.. I live in CA but this happened in CO.

Van Nuys, CA -

Brian Russell Michaels

Brian Russell Michaels

Criminal Defense Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

If you havent done it you MUST FILE a police report, especially if you plan to follow through on a civil case.

Joseph Salvatore Farina

Joseph Salvatore Farina

Criminal Defense Attorney - Sacramento, CA

You're going to need a civil attorney in Colorado who handles general civil litigation. Most importantly, you'll need an attorney who appears in federal court, because as a result of your living in a different state than your former roommates. federal court is probably where this will get filed.

Michael Raymond Daymude

Michael Raymond Daymude

Litigation Lawyer - Sherman Oaks, CA

Respectfully, you're going to have to wait for WF and the issuer of the check to work this out. If you discover the identity of the person who cashed the check, file a police report.

Athina Karamanlis Powers

Athina Karamanlis Powers

Fraud Lawyer - Beverly Hills, CA

As aCalifornia Attorney and one of the very few that are Fraud Examiners ( CFE member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners) I can help you with this problem as an expert
http://sdmcduff.com and http:// karamanlispowers.com

Related Advice