Which tourist visa gives a british citizen 6 months stay in the US rather than the normal 90 day visa?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Long Beach, CA

I saw it on immigrations website been called the H2 tourist visa. As asked earlier but not answered do brits have a harder time changing visa status?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . It is a B-2 visitors visa. UK citizens have no more difficulties in changing status that anyone else.

    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It is a B2 visa, but some are best to avoid the temptation of filing for a B2 visa. The reason is that the consular official must presume immigrant intent and it is your responsibility to overcome that presumption. Six months is a long time to stay in the U. S. without support. If unsuccessful in getting the B2 visa in the U.K., you may lose the right to come in on the visa waiver program. Good luck.

    Good luck.

    This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.
  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . A B-2

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  4. Harry Asatrian

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . To answer your question, "brits" do not have a harder time changing visa status in the U.S.

Related Topics

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,191 answers this week

3,142 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,191 answers this week

3,142 attorneys answering