Which sum should household member should put in I864A? IS it the same as her husband in I864?

Asked 4 months ago - Jamaica, NY

i am petitioner i am using joint sponsor who will sponsor my husband, we sent sponsor papers to NVC which include his I864 and my i864 and our taxes, but the nvc sent to me checklist because my joint sponsor is living with his wife , and Nvc asked FOR i864A to his wife, the question is which number or sum should household member put, for your information, they have same paper taxes( wife and husband,? thank you

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Read the instruction to the forms. The information is there. Hire an immigration lawyer for a consultation in the alternative.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed... more
  2. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The co-sponsor's household member (wife) should list the same amount of total adjusted gross income as her husband, given that those two are married, live in the same household and file their taxes as "married, filing jointly".

    Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that... more
  3. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with Mr. Behar ... the numbers should be consistent and match that which appears in the lower right-hand corner of the standard IRS form 1040

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,520 answers this week

3,004 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,520 answers this week

3,004 attorneys answering