Which sum should household member should put in I864A? IS it the same as her husband in I864?

Jamaica, NY |

i am petitioner i am using joint sponsor who will sponsor my husband, we sent sponsor papers to NVC which include his I864 and my i864 and our taxes, but the nvc sent to me checklist because my joint sponsor is living with his wife , and Nvc asked FOR i864A to his wife, the question is which number or sum should household member put, for your information, they have same paper taxes( wife and husband,? thank you

The co-sponsor's household member (wife) should list the same amount of total adjusted gross income as her husband, given that those two are married, live in the same household and file their taxes as "married, filing jointly".

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

thank you , thank you , thank you sooo much, this is really helpful, , so she dont need to send again IRS forms we already sent them in first time??, should we need to send them again even me as petitioner, ?

I agree with Mr. Behar ... the numbers should be consistent and match that which appears in the lower right-hand corner of the standard IRS form 1040

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

thank you for your help, that's really help me!

Read the instruction to the forms. The information is there. Hire an immigration lawyer for a consultation in the alternative.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Tax law topics