Which state's are sex offender friendly?

Asked over 1 year ago - Seattle, WA

My charge is Indecent Liberties w/o force which is a class B felony. I am required to register for 15 years as a level 2 in Washington State. However, I don't want to state married to this state that long nor any state that long or longer. I've searched and found that most states require you to register for life if you are moving into their state (having required to register by another state). I want to move to another state and start over. What states are friendly to level 2 sex offenders? Which states can I move to that won't require me to register more than 15 years? Is there a state that I can move to that will allow me to register less than 15 years? Also, once I am off community custody supervision, if I move out of the country, am i required to notify the country i migrate to?

1. James D. Laukkonen

Pro

3

Answered . I don't think that any state is sex offender friendly. I also don't think that you are particularly likely to get much of an answer for that question on here, but I would be happy to be wrong. As for moving out of the country, whether you would have to register there would depend on the law of that country.

2. Mark R Stephens

3

Answered . States all have registration requirements and most (like Washington) can charge you with a felony. I believe most states try to match the crime that most resembles the crime you committed and require you to register under their law.

The good news is that there are so many people in your position that it's becoming clear to many of us that registration rolls do little to protect the public. The vast majority of "sex offenders" did not commit predatory offenses. Those who do are finally prioritized in WA for close supervision after release.

3. Patrick Owen Earl

Pro

2

Answered . I can't speak for all States because I am not an attorney for all States but there isn't a sex offender friendly State for sure. Your question seems to be incensitive and self serving. I understand a person wanting to NOT have to register however you do and there is no reason why you should feel society ANYWHERE should be less strict for your type of history. Follow the rules and I hope you can find peace in your life and your future choices.