Which state provides the most tax saving for import/export business? and which form is best ?

Pittsburgh, PA |

I am planning to start a import/export business, which will buy/sell goods between US and China. Currently i am living in Pennsylvania, but could move to a state that would provides most benefits to such type of business. And i am a green card holder.
Thanks

Not an immigration law question, but an international business or simply business one. Please repost to get a meaninful answer.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

First consider a state that does not have a state imcome tax, and then if you will have a significant investment in physical improvements or employees, look to states with business incentives. Your federal tax will be the same in all states. Shipping costs and proximity to markets should also be factors to consider when deciding location, which may be more important than state incentives. Good luck.

I agree with my collegue, first you want a state with no corporate taxation. South Dakota, Wyoming and Nevada come to mind but you will need to check your circumstances with a tax professional.

This is not legal advice but a general comment on society based on a limited set of hypothetical circumstances. No one should act or refrain from acting based on these comments without seeking appropriately licensed legal or professional advice. The author disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on his comments.

Business topics