Which state do I sue the credit card company who garnished my wages in?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Las Vegas, NV

Tried to resolve the garnishment before they took my money. Cred crd co. got default judgment in MI from a debt that is not mine then got a foreign judgment in NV. Didn't find out til couple months after foreign judgment. Tried to communicate with the co. to stop any garnishments in the future and provided proof debt wasn't mine. They garnished my bank acct anyway when they found it. Can I sue them in NV since this is where they garnished my bank acct?

1. Jay A Shafer

Answered . More facts would be needed to affirmatively answer this question, and if you intend to litigate this in the courts you should consult with attorney to advise you on the best strategy for getting rid of the judgment. That said, as the company has acted in Nevada, and has availed themselves of the Courts here, you can certain bring legal action against them in Nevada. If they garnished your bank account they must also provide you notice, which should include the procedure and steps to challenge the garnishment based upon available exceptions.