Which process is easier and shorter when filing for adjustment of statue marriage or asylum?

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

My wife is USC , we got married a few months ago, she wants to file to adjust my statue to USCIS, I came to FL on visa , I was in jail a couple of times back home, and was tortured and im scared that something might happen to my family, i was gonna file for asylum but my wife said its easier through marriage , we have a real marriage ,we share everything , please be honest , I want an advice ,thank you

1. Jeffrey Adam Devore

Pro

3

Answered . Assuming you and your wife are in a bona fide marriage (as you claim) then the marriage case should be easier, but more information as to your eligibility is needed before making any type of final determination. The fact that you have been jailed previously may also effect your eligibility.

I suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review the facts of your case, advise you what to expect, and how best to proceed.

2. Alice Antonovsky

4

1

Answered . Marriage based adjustment of status is easier and faster. However, I would suggest you retain an immigration attorney who will be able to explain the pros and cons of each and all the details and nuances involved in proceeding (whichever path you choose). Good Luck.

3. Haroen Calehr

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . marriage anytime. Asylum is very difficult to proof.

4. Nicklaus James Misiti

1

Answered . Marriage, make sure you work with an attorney. My firm handles marriage based immigration.
    Regards,
    Nicklaus Misiti
    Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407