Which party is responsible for making the custody visitation arrangements since I do NOT want to stay in constant contact?

Asked about 1 year ago - Ridley Park, PA

So my child is 1yr old, and her father and I no longer get along. At his first visit two weeks ago he was angry and requested that I have our daughter at day care for for his visits so that he can pick her up without having to deal with me! But he continues to text me asking where he should pick her up from? He knows where her day care provider is but has not taken it upon himself to ask my work days or hours or get any other info from the child care provider such as name, or phone number. He missed a visit when I didn't respond to his text and later I told him that if he needs any other info that he should ask for it and stop texting me asking the same thing each scheduled visit! I am shooting for sole custody since he does not provide anything unless its court ordered (not even visits)

1. Michael W. Aitken

3

Answered . Please consult with a local lawyer. If you like, feel free to contact me at 610-446-0690.

2. Diana Corinne Schimmel

3

Answered . If you have a current order in place and he isn't following it, you could file for contempt. If you don't have an order in place, file a custody complaint to get one and mitigate these issues. You will certainly need an attorney to help you deal with all of this so I agree with my colleagues that you should consult one ASAP.

3. Randi Joy Silverman

2

Answered . You should hire an experienced family law attorney to send him a letter with an offer to settle these issues. If he will not cooperate, you may want to file a Complaint to obtain a court order.

4. Susan J. Vandegrift

Pro

2

Answered . You should both cooperate with each other. I understand though that many parents cannot cooperate or be civil. Does your current custody order state the location for the exchange? If not, you may need a more explicit order to assist in making the exchanges.