Which one usually comes first the EAD or the interview ( AOS through marriage to USC )?

Saint Paul, MN |

Its been more than 2 months since i filed to adjust my status, i recently got a letter for the interview, i haven't gotten my work permit yet ,just wondering which one usually comes first ? and how long between them ?

It is case by case. It generally takes 3 months to issue an EAD.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

You need to speak with your immigration attorney about patterns and protocols in your area.

Either. Depends on your luck.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

does it mean anything bad when the interview comes before the EAD?

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

It means you have to go through the interview sooner than you will get an EAD.

Marriage and prenups topics