Which of these Motions best to file- Limine, Dismissal, and Summary Judgement? What other motions related to the list?

Asked about 2 years ago - Columbus, OH

In a Theft charging case, I need to know which motion I should title my form to write the court to issue an order against the other party to stop using certain words, sentences that don't seem to have anything to do with the Rule of Code THEFT.

I want them to focus the on track of the rule of code without trying to looking for favor from the judge by using words based on the behavior of the defendant instead of be about the rule of code.

For example, on a theft charge, there's no part of the Ohio Rule of Code or Conduct that stated if someone behave in certain ways, is in fact committed theft. The code clearly stated that theft is when someone intents is *Intentionally and Purposely* , but the plaintiff complaint focus more on the fact that Defendant refused to agree with them.

1. Andrew A Esposito

Answered . Most likely, none of the above. A motion in limine is a motion filed by a party to a lawsuit which asks the court for an order or ruling limiting or preventing certain evidence from being presented by the other side at the trial of the case. It appears that opposing counsel is using the defendants behavior to prove mens rea of the crime (mental state).

You should not attempt to represent yourself pro se. You posted this under civil motions, so you may not be entitled to court appointed counsel. Additionally, if this is a civil suit you may be looking at the criminal statute which would not apply. However, if this is a criminal case, and you can't afford an attorney, you should request that the court appoint one for you.