Which name to write on I-130, G-325a and i-485 application ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Hi, I am applying for a green card and currently filling the applications i-130, G-325a and i-485.
When my wife (she is the US citizen) and I got married, she took my name additional to her maiden name (ex: John Doe, and Jane Smith get married, Jane's new name on the marriage certificate is now Jane Smith Doe).
However, she has not changed her documents yet (passeport, Social security card, driver's licence). everything is still on Jane Smith...
Is it ok that her passeport's name is still on her maiden name?
What should she write on the forms regarding:
- her name
- other names used.
Should we use her maiden name or her new name ?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

Answered . Use the married name from now on.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . I would agree with my colleague. I would differ in approach but agree on the outcome.

3. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

5

Answered . She should use her new name, since that's the name she plans to use from now on. The USCIS will understand that her married name and maiden name have been joined for the purposes of her identity. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.
  4. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . The name used on the forms will be the name used on the green card.