Which kind of ("working") visa I am eligible for?

Chicago, IL |

I am from Slovakia, I am 25 years old. I finished my studies with Master Degree in Tourism Management (Hospitality) in May 2011. From May 2012 until February 2013 I participated on Internship in country club in Illinois. Now I am back in my country. I would like to know if I have some chance to get some kind of "working" visa, like H1 B or something else. I know that my employer in country club would like to help me, but I would like to know if I have a chance to get this visa even with small private company. Please advise what to do, if I would like to come back (for 2-3 years). My boyfriend should get a green card soon, but I do not think, that he could help me, correct? Thank you for your advice!

To assess your chances one needs to be from the hospitality industry, reviewing your education, academic performance and linguistic abilities. This is a blog where lawyers provide information to the public. Hence, you started from the wrong end You need to find an employer

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Well, I would have an employer, but I asked if he could help me when it is just small privae business, cause as I heard it is easier to get any working visa by bigger international companies, correct?

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

US immigration law does not discriminate by side of the employers Only their ability to pay the salary and establish that the position is that which qualifies for the visa

thank you

one more question I have- can we apply anytime or there is a special time period for that?

I agree with my colleague.
There are employment visas other then an H however it is to complicted to explain them at this site. You can do the research yourself - on the internet - or consult with an experienced immigration attorney.

I have already made research on the internet, i know about about J1 visa that I had before, but Im not eligible for them, until I will remain in my country for 2 years, I know about L visa (international transfer), but that first I would have to be a employee in international company.. There is H1B or H3 training visa. I dont know about any other option, that was the reason why I asked. I already talked to 3 immigration attorneys, but they couldnt help me, thats why i tried it here.

I agree with my colleagues. It is important to locate an employer first; however, if your current employer is considering sponsoring your for a visa, it is important for you to consult with an immigration attorney who can look at your specific circumstances, education level, ... to help you determine what your best course of action would be. There are often different ways of approaching this issue depending on the particular facts of each case.

Nina T. Marano, Esq.
Licensed in NY & FL
Bogin, Munns & Munns, P.A.
(407) 578-1334
nmarano@boginmunns.com
www.boginmunns.com

NO LEGAL ADVICE: This response is not intended as legal advice nor should you consider it as such. It is intended only as general information with respect to a question that you have raised. You should not act upon this information without retaining professional legal counsel. Please keep in mind that merely contacting Bogin, Munns & Munns, P.A. cannot represent you until the firm knows there would not be a conflict of interest, and the firm determines that it is otherwise able to accept the engagement. Any information or documents sent prior to your executing an engagement letter and submission of a retainer deposit cannot be treated as protected by an attorney client-privilege and may be determined by a court to not constitute protected information of any nature.

Even a small private company can sponsor a non-immigrant worker if it meets statutory requirements. It is highly advisable to retain an immigration attorney to assist you with H-1B process. Please remember that the earliest time you can apply is April 1, 2014. It is unclear from the facts you provided whether you can benefit from your boyfriend becoming a permanent resident. In certain situations if you marry your boyfriend you may become a derivative and obtain residency with him. Otherwise, if you enter the U.S. as a non-immigrant worker and marry your boyfriend, he can petition for you. You will have to wait for your priority date to become current and maintain legal status in the U.S. in order to obtain permanent residency.

Education law topics