Which is the better option 401k or Roth?

Pearl, IL |

My employer offers a 401k that they will contribute $300 towards annually. Better than nothing right? As employees, we can invest in the 401k or a roth program or a combination of both. Currently I put 3% of each paycheck in the 401k. I'm 26 and married. I will obviously be working for many years to come.

Yours is a financial question, not a legal one. You might wish to ask a financial or tax advisor or a banker.

As Ms. Goldstein notes, this is a highly fact specific personal financial issue, not a legal question. A very good CPA will assist you in evaluating all the choices.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.