Which is faster a modification or a contempt

Asked 10 months ago - Brookline, MA

My husband is not complying and I may need to go to court

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

3

10

Best Answer

Answered . A contempt, however you need to know the right tool because speed doesn't always equal results, go over the specifics with a local attny and he or she will help you, take care and the filing fee is less on contempts.

2. Thomas J Callahan

2

Answered . Contempt is the procedure for violation of existing orders. Modification is used to change orders going forward. These are not interchangeable procedures. You sound like you need to file a contempt to remedy the current violation. If you need to change things, file a modification as well.

3. James Thomas Kinder

1

Answered . It sounds as though your husband is in Contempt of existing orders; therefore, a complaint for Contempt would be the appropriate course of action. When the case gets heard depends often on the subject of the Contempt (I.e complaints foe contempt of child support orders often get heard much quicker). Attorney Lewis is an excellent attorney and could assist you quite adeptly with this matter. Best of luck to you.

4. Christopher W. Vaughn-Martel

1

Answered . These are two different procedures which will afford you two different outcomes.

You may need both!