Which is best for a small computer repair business: Ficticious name or LLC?

Asked over 1 year ago - Hallandale, FL

I am starting a small business for myself. I will be repairing computers and cell phones. I want to be sure I am complying with Florida state laws and federal laws. Which is best for filing taxes at the end of the year LLC or Ficticious name? Do I need to do anything else? Thank you for your help.

1. Pamela Koslyn

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . You don't need to set up an LLC, but it would protect your personal assets from liability, which is something a DBA (fictitious business name) won't do.

Make sure you choose a viable and available trademark to do business under, and make sure you have a good contract to use for your customers. That's where you need a business/IP's lawyer's help.

2. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

1

1

Answered . LLC would give you come asset ptotection if set up correctly and you can elect Sub-S election for tax purposes.