Which hillsborough county florida court do I go to confirm an arbitration award for expungement of my FINRA CRD record?

Asked over 3 years ago - Dunedin, FL

I have a FINRA Dispute Resolution award but I must obtain confirmation for a court of competent jurisdiction before CRD will execute the expungement directive.

1. Stephen M Feidelman

Answered . In theory "court of competent jurisdiction" includes both state and federal courts, and may be determined by such facts as the nature of the claims presented, the domiciles of the parties and the amounts in controversy. Sometimes there may be more than one court to choose from, sometimes not. You should consult with a licensed attorney in your area to determine which court would be most appropriate based upon the facts in your case.

2. Susan E. Gregory

Answered . I recommend you call an Avvo securities attorney in Pinellas or Hillsborough County (weblinks below). You will need an attorney to guide you through the legal process of aquiring a court order for the expungement. I'm sure one of the lawyers listed on the weblinks below will either be able to help you or explain the process.

Susan Gregory Liammari, Esq.
    1491 East Venice Avenue, Suite A
    Venice, Florida 34292