Skip to main content

Which forms should I submit for Affidavit of Support for family based green card application ?

Carson, CA |

I need to file Affidavit of Support form with I 130 family based green card application.I am a intending immigrant / primary beneficiary. My wife is a petitioner.I am working in US on H1-B visa for more than 4 years.We got married in October 2011.I have following question regarding "Affidavit of Support form":
We filed joint tax return this year (which is our latest tax return).We both are working for more than 3 years and we both have individual tax return for 2009 and 2010.Only 2011 tax return is joint.We both have all W2s.My wife's salary is above poverty line.So do we need to submit I-864 and/or I-864A (as recent tax return is joint tax return or I-864EZ (as I am the only one she is sponsoring with I130) ? What kind of supporting document we need to submit ?


Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    Your wife needs to submit the I864 with your joint return and all attachments including her W-2

  2. If your wife's income alone is sufficient there is no need to file an I-864A.

  3. I agree with my colleague.

    This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

  4. I agree with my colleagues. Also, since you are lawfully working you can include your income on the I-864.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics