Which forms do I need to file a no-fault divorce in ms?

Asked over 2 years ago - Corinth, MS

I have some forms I ordered off ebay, but I am not sure if I have to fill them all out, or not?

1. Mary Elizabeth Milek

2

Answered . I certainly hope you didn’t pay much for those forms. Very seldom do I see Pro Se litigants using forms off the internet granted a divorce. If you have children, then your chances of success border on zero, if sufficient provisions are not made. A divorce is a legal matter you need done correctly. Most attorneys will take payments and if it’s uncontested, it may be less than you think. See the link to the article below.

2. Jeffrey J. Padgett

Pro

Answered . I was just hired by a pro se client because the judge refused to award a divorce because the "on-line paperwork" was so inadequate. You may want to contact the Chancery Clerk's office in your county and see if the have a packet for persons representing themselves in a "no-fault" divorce.

However, there are usually attorneys that will handle a divorce of that type on the cheap and some even have payment plans. If you have children involved, it's worth every penny to hire a lawyer to educate you on the ins and outs of divorce, custody, visitation, etc. It's not just about the paperwork.

Good Luck!