Skip to main content

Which forms do I need to file a no-fault divorce in ms?

Corinth, MS |

I have some forms I ordered off ebay, but I am not sure if I have to fill them all out, or not?

Attorney Answers 2


I certainly hope you didn’t pay much for those forms. Very seldom do I see Pro Se litigants using forms off the internet granted a divorce. If you have children, then your chances of success border on zero, if sufficient provisions are not made. A divorce is a legal matter you need done correctly. Most attorneys will take payments and if it’s uncontested, it may be less than you think. See the link to the article below.

This reply is provided for information purposes only and does not represent legal advice or an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


I was just hired by a pro se client because the judge refused to award a divorce because the "on-line paperwork" was so inadequate. You may want to contact the Chancery Clerk's office in your county and see if the have a packet for persons representing themselves in a "no-fault" divorce.

However, there are usually attorneys that will handle a divorce of that type on the cheap and some even have payment plans. If you have children involved, it's worth every penny to hire a lawyer to educate you on the ins and outs of divorce, custody, visitation, etc. It's not just about the paperwork.

Good Luck!

The state of Mississippi does not certify lawyers in any specific category of law and the decision to hire an attorney should be taken only after careful consideration. Jeff Padgett's profile and any answers to questions given is strictly for the purpose of advertising his services.

Mark as helpful

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics