Which form to file for medical parole. Can I do it myself

Asked over 1 year ago - Saratoga Springs, NY

My I-94 already been extended from 6 to 6 more months and expiring the end of this months. During my visit I have been in ER 7 times and admitted twice in the hospital due to heart problem.I have necessity to see my cardiology on 10/3 which is very hard to get this appointment. To go back to my country will have to start a costly medical test all over again and I am not sure if I can fly with my health condition. Can I ask for another extension of stay to complete my medical need. Can I do it by my self with out a lawyer. Which form do I have to fill up and fee.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

1

Answered . You can even fly to space yourself if you have the equipment, training and funds. There is no medical parole from inside the country. The form is I-131.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

7

1

Answered . Get a lawyer.

You should provide proof that your medical records can not be transferred to your doctor back home.

Plus, immigration will be very interested in knowing who is paying for all the medical services you are receiving in the US.

3. Olga Bychok

5

1

Answered . Most parole applications are filed on I-131

4. Alena Shautsova

Pro

3

1

Answered . Humanitarian parole is filed using i 131 form. However, you are already here, and it will be solely up to the DHS if you can stay longer. You can try doing it yourself; a lawyer is highly recommended.