Which document takes precedence?

Asked about 1 year ago - Conyers, GA

I'm entering into a lease purchase agreement. The realtor assisting has sent me 3 separate agreements from the Seller. A Lease/Purchase Agreement, Lease for Lease/Purchase Agreement Exhibit "B", and Lease Agreement giving tenant option to purchase leased property Exhibit A. should I have to sign all three? Are they contradictory? Which document takes precedence?

1. Scott Benjamin Riddle

Pro

Answered . How could we know? There is no possible way to answer as we don't have the documents. For a transaction like this, you need to have all documents reviewed by a lawyer.

2. David Edward Oles

Pro

Answered . Would you ask a lawyer which house is the best one to buy? Probably not, because they are not trained or licenses to sell houses. Trusting a realtor to create or provide appropriate documents is a risky proposition. Lawyers are trained and practiced in reviewing documents and determining if they cover all the risks and obligations for the client in a particular situation. To give you the answer in your case requires a knowledge of your situation, and also a review of the particular documents. While it may add to the complexity of a transaction, hiring an attorney to help review documents could save you many thousands of dollars later. I strongly recommend that you at least consult with a good attorney who can listen to your facts and take a look at the documents and what they say. Only then can you get specific advice on your situation.

3. Judith Delus

Pro

Answered . I would strongly advise you to contact an attorney for a full consultation who will review the documents thoroughly. I am always Leary of lease purchase. So please have an attorney do their due diligence to ensure you are protected.