Which court should i go to get a restraining order?

Asked over 1 year ago - Northridge, CA

I live in Porter Ranch , zip code:91326. I want to make sure that I go to a court which has jurisdiction.
Thank you

1. Angela D Curtis

7

Answered . Any court in Ca has jurisdiction to issue Domestic Violence Restraining Orders. I suggest you file in the county in which you reside if there are other issues such as child custody, though, to avoid having conflicting orders from different courts, because custody jurisdiction will have to be dealt with in a county that has jurisdiction over you & the other party. But DV TRO's can be sought anywhere in the State.

2. Wail Sarieh

Pro

5

Answered . San Fernando Courthouse for family law.

3. Richard Forrest Gould-Saltman

4

Answered . The nearest Los Angeles Superior Court courthouse with a family law department; probably either Van Nuys or San Fernando.

4. Keith LaSalle Allen

4

Answered . I agree with the other attorneys responses. Any court in California can issue the DVRO, but it would be best and easiest to file in the court house closest to where you live.

5. Bernal Peter Ojeda

3

Answered . Best to file in the Courthouse near you. That I believe is San Fernando.

6. Loren Nizinski

3

Answered . You should probably try the Chatsworth court house, on prairie street