Which cities in California allow operating medical marijuana dispensary?

Asked 4 months ago - North Hollywood, CA

I want to know how and where I an open a dispensary?

1. David Herman Hirsch

4

Answered . I would guess that groups like Americans for Safe Access and other marijuana advocacy groups can give you a list. Many cities ban medical marijuana dispensaries based upon recent court rulings. Otherwise, its a simple matter to check with the city you are interested in, and ask what their regulations are...

THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as Avvo.com are provided for information purposes only, and you should not base a decision to act or refrain from acting based upon this answer. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. That relationship is established by the execution of a written agreement for legal services. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

2. Nicholas Basil Spirtos

1

Answered . There are several organizations that can help you with this. Or just check with the city you want to get started in. A recent Cal. supreme court case supported the right of any city to prohibit opening a dispensary. In L.A., you probably have no chance since there are strict limits to the number of dispensaries and there are no available permits. I suspect the waiting list is very long.
    Since Marijuana is still illegal under federal law, trying to do this on your own from scratch is a very bad idea. Find an attorney with experience in the field. See the links below.

3. Jennifer J Wirsching

1

Answered . Please keep in mind that following a recent ruling that allows cities to ban dispensaries completely, many cities are likely to be jumping on that bandwagon. So, by the time you got set up they city could have banned them. Also, keep in mind that even if the city doesn't have a ban, dispensaries continue to be illegal under federal law.