Which branches of the military would consider letting me join if i have a chance at all

Orlando, FL |

.i been rotc 4 years my dream was to be a marine

This is not a legal question but if you have been ROTC for 4 years you would have contracted. If you are talking about JROTC then see a recruiter

This is for general information only. Nothing in this information should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship nor shall any of this information be construed as providing legal advice. Laws change over time and differ from state to state. These answers are based on California Law.Applicability of the legal principles discussed may differ substantially in individual situations. You should not act upon the information presented herein without consulting an attorney about your particular situation. No attorney-client relationship is established.

I don't see a legal issue here. These are questions for a recruiter.

This post is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney client relationship with Mr. Cassara.

the legal issue i plea no contest to child abuse i have arecord they might not accept me

Philip Douglas Cave

Philip Douglas Cave

This is still a question for a recruiter. They will consider the "no contest" as a guilty plea for recruitment purposes as well as security clearances.

Of course your dream was to be a United States Marine! That shows you are a motivated individual!

Contact your local USMC recruiter. If you've been in ROTC and have a 4 year college degree, you'll likely be interested in Officer programs in the Corps. Your local recruiter can direct you to an officer enlistment program and describe the various programs available to college graduates.

If you do not have a 4 year degree, your recruiter can explain what you need to do to apply for and be admitted into God's Chosen Fighting Force as an enlisted man. (No branch of the service rewards the enlisted man more, or has more options for an enlisted man, then the Corps, by the way.) You will need to have a medical evaluation and take the ASVAB. Your recruiter can assist you in doing so. If you enlist, prepare yourself for a very difficult 13 weeks ... but it will be worth it.

The very best of luck to you.

It is hard to answer your question without knowing why you think you might be disqualified. Military recruiters evaluate potential recruits, and waivers are allocated, based on the underlying misconduct charged versus the actual outcome of the case. Unfortunately, in a lot of cases whether or not you are able to enlist may depend on how much effort the recruiter is willing to put forth. Recently, I had 2 clients who were working through similar issues so that they can enlist. Give me a call, I would be happy to discuss your options with you. The initial consult is always free. Good luck.

company number

John Daniel Hafemann

John Daniel Hafemann

1-855-MIL-JUST

ROTC or Junior ROTC?
Did you get in trouble? If so, what trouble?

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

junior rotc i plea nolo contender child abuse original charge was lewd lascivious battery but the state nolle prosq the case gave me plea third deree child abuse adjcation with held