Skip to main content

Which box of n-400 should I mark?

Stanwood, WA |

I am applying for citizenship.i have been permanent resident for 4 years and 9 month.I assume that i can apply 90 days prior to be complete 5 years.In the part 2 of form n-400 asking if i have been permanent resident for at least 5 years.Should i mark that box or the"other"?

Attorney Answers 3


You can mark that box.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


Mark 5 years. It won't be approved until then and it is the basis of your application. The only issue about filing 90 days early is simply to be nice, since it takes that long to process it

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


You can mark that box.

This is general information and not legal advise. This communication does not create a lawyer-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics