Which better and easy and quick doing L1A visa or E2 visa?

Asked 12 months ago - Phoenix, AZ

I am from Egypt and I am 37 years old ,have managerial experience 9 years and I am engineer and I have also Bsc in business administration.

1. J Charles Ferrari

4

Answered . Which one is appropriate depends on facts not in your posting.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

2. Xavier Francois Racine

3

Answered . Both involve their own advantages and disadvantages and both are eligible for premium processing from USCIS so can be done relatively quickly. The L1A does offer significant advantages if you are ultimately going to be seeking permanent residence (as an EB 1 Manager) as the filings will contain much of the same documents. Also, E-2 visa interviews at US consulates abroad are usually more demanding (each embassy has a treaty officer who does only E visa cases) than other NIV categories.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

3

Answered . Depends to which you statutorily qualify.

4. Mark Ivan Davies

Pro

2

Answered . I am assuming that you are an Egyptian National. We have an office in Cairo and frequently assist Egyptian nationals with E-2 and other visas. A guide on E-2 visas in both Arabic and English will actually be posted to our website in the next 24-48 hours. I can e-mail it to you if you like.

The other attorneys are correct that there is no way to advise you based on the information you have given, you need to consult with an immigration lawyer. That said, you may want to bear the following in mind:

1. You should be aware of the current reciprocity table as it pertains to Egypt for E-2 visa issuance. The reciprocity table can be found at http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.htm...

2. Moving to a "green card" from an E-2 visa can be challenging unless you are going to qualify under the EB-5 program in the future and properly prepare and structure your investment for that purpose;

3. The US consulate in Cairo are very slow at the moment and have been closed at times. That said, our main ME affiliate office in Dubai is capable of making arrangements with other consulates in the region who will third-country process E-2 visas for Egyptian Nationals; and

4. I suggest you make sure that you have a really strong business plan, in our experience consulates are increasingly stressing their importance and we were recently referred a file from another firm that had initially been denied because "the business plan does not [portray] a real business of substance that supports more than the investor and his family".

As a side note I have seen posts about "no loans" on this site. We have had applications involving loans used to fund businesses approved. What is critical is whether and how those loans are secured.

Kind regards
    Mark

5. Anu Gupta

Pro

1

Answered . Need more information to answer this.