Which background checks would show arrest opposed to just convictions?

Ypsilanti, MI |

I am applying for a job through the county. I am told they use the Michigan LEIN. Would this show my arrest that I completed a 7411 probation for?

Yes it would show all arrest with disposition unknown.

Do you know if background checks would show the details of the arrest or just the charge? Also if the arrest shows, but I was granted the 7411... would it say "dismissed"?

David B. Carter Jr.

David B. Carter Jr.

Probably would not give a disposition.

Yes, it would show up.

Zacharia Spencer Bonham

Zacharia Spencer Bonham

As Attorney Carter stated above, it will show the charge/arrest, and the disposition will likely state "unknown". I hope this helps.

I am not personally familiar with that specific resource, but, keep in mind that a simply Google search may well pull up any arrest. You need to assume the employer will know about it. I would be proactive and ready to explain it, but you can always take the risk that they miss it, if you think it would be fatal to admit it and try to explain it. Good luck.