Which address do I serve my ex at if I know he is lying to the court about where he is?

Asked about 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

My ex-husband is attempting to enforce a child support order that he fraudulently gained in the state of FL and immediately fled with my child to Alaska. I need to prove that I am serving him in order to file but do I use the FL address that he continues to mislead the courts with or do I have the state troopers in AK track him down and serve him there?

1. Carin Manders Constantine

Pro

6

1

Answered . When this happens to me, I spend the extra $60 and serve the person at BOTH addresses. Good luck.

2. John Arthur Smitten

5

Answered . Serve him where he is likely to be personally served.

3. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

4

Answered . Get the troopers to serve him in Alaska, if they even do that. You might also get the sheriff in the county here in FL to try to serve him here.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239
  4. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

2

1

Answered . I would do both -- but obviously getting him served personally in Alaska would be best. I would recommend you hire an attorney.

5. Michelle Rene Fernandez

2

1

Answered . You want to be honest in court. Serve him at every address you believe he maybe. It is always a good idea to actually find him. Leave spite at the door.

6. Derek William Bernstein

1

Answered . Do both, but make sure a process server personally serves him.