Skip to main content

Which address do I put on the I 824? US or Salvadorian?

Aztec, NM |

My husband lost his TPS and has been given 90 days to Voluntary departure. I was told to file the I 824 to start his path to a green card with my sponsorship. On the application it ask for his address two times each time Mailing & Home ; in the beginning on "info about you" & again with the approved I-130 info. Since he will be going back to El salv, should I put his address there or mine here? I would prefer any correspondence be sent to me in the US so I know nothing gets lost (his family lives in a very rural area).
To double check for this I should mark box "B"?
Lastly anyone have any ideas on the time line for the Salvadorian Consulate?

Attorney Answers 1


You should put your address there, if this is where you want the correspondence to come.
I have not heard any recent reports on the waiting time for the Salvadorian Consulate, but you may email or call them to potentially find useful guidance.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics