Which address do I have to send all my green card application through marriage to? Is it the mail box in Chicago or Arizona?

Asked 9 months ago - Orange, CA

I am confused between sending my application whether to USCIS in Chicago or the mail box in Arizona. I live in California. I checked the USCIS website, they ask to mail form I-130 to the mail box in Arizona, but other applications to Chicago? I am so confused. What forms exactly do I have to fill out? Is there any waiver if my spouse is in millitary? Please help! Thank you!!!

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Mario Steven Zapata

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . You really need to
    Consider retaining legal representation and save yourself the heartaches. I would be concerned as to whether you have accurately assessed your eligibility for the benefit you are seeking. If you cannot afford an attorney, also consider speaking with military counsel available for military members.

    Several reputable and local attorneys offer flexible payment plans. Good luck!

    Legal disclaimer: (714) 479-1000 Mr. Zapata's response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts... more
  2. Ganesh Kalyanaraman

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . If you are filing a standalone Form I-130 then you would mail it to Phoenix, AZ since you live in CA. If you are filing Form I-130 with Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status then you would mail it to Chicago, IL. There is no waiver of fees due to your spouse being in the military, but a pending deployment could lead to an expedited processing. I suggest contacting the USCIS Military Help Line at 1-877-CIS-4MIL to support with the expedite.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,456 answers this week

2,869 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,456 answers this week

2,869 attorneys answering