Where to start?

Fairfield, CA |

my mom got into a accident that totalled her vehicle instantly with a uninsured motorist. What are the steps to file a law suit? where do i file for the amount of 25k? what forms would i need to file? is small claims court the answer? how can i get free legal help with all these forms?

Your mother needs to see a CA personal injury lawyer right away. Do not wait. Many good ones can be found right here on Avvo.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer?"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-tell-my-lawyer

You need a California lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

If your mother was injured, you should contact a California personal injury attorney right away. Without additional information, it is difficult to tell what your best course of action is. If you would like a free telephone consultation, feel free to contact me at (800)925-0723.

Have your mom call me for a free consultation at 800-816-1529 ext. 1.

It's premature to take any legal action. The claim needs to be fully investigated and she needs proper medical care. That said, in an uninsured motorist situation in California, the claim must be arbitrated if you cannot settle it with the company. Before settling, I would strongly recommend an interview with an experienced personal injury attorney. For some further tips, I would recommend reading my article on dealing with insurance adjusters. The link is referenced below.