Skip to main content

Where to fill I-129 petition for H-1B extension (Premium Processing) if employer is located in Pennsylvania?

Mount Laurel, NJ |

USCIS website ( says: "H-1B employers filing petitions which are cap exempt must file such petitions exclusively at the California Service Center at one of the addresses provided below. Petitions that are filed in error at the Vermont Service Center will be rejected.". Then below is a chart that provides different information.
Is H-1B extension filled in Pennsylvania as Premium Processing "Cap Exempt" and should be send to California Service Center or is just a "regular" petition and can be send to Vermont?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Attorney who is filing should know the answer to this. :)

    Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.

  2. I would use the Fedex address for CA Center but add Premium Processing on the address line (much like the address for CA Premium Processing on the first part of the Chart). Good luck!

    Contact: 860-548-2629 or This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide, any legal advice.   By viewing this answer you understand and expressly agree that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the attorney who authored the answer.  Should you need legal advice, please contact a licensed attorney who practices in this area.  Readers of this answer and the information contained herein should not act upon any information contained in this answer without seeking legal counsel.

  3. Your attorney should know where to file the H-1B.

    Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: (English) (Spanish)

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  4. Your lawyer can tell you, or:

    John Lassen 1-877-252-4630

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics