Where to apply I-485 Application?

New York, NY |

My I 130 is pending and recently transferred from VERMONT to NEBRASKA Center. Planning to apply I -485 so where do I send the application Vermont or NEBRASKA Center?

Appreciate your time.

Thanks

To neither. Since 2005? All I-485 adjustment of status applications from wherever in the US are filed with the so-called "National Benefits Center" of USCIS, the lockbox located in Chicago. Check the USICS website for the address and instructions.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Follow the instructions on the form. It is the center which has jurisdiction over where you live not where the file is transferred.

Go to www.uscis.gov and read the instructions closely. I'm sure you will find that Mr. Behar is correct ... Chicago.

I suggest that you contact a lawyer ... having an I-130 'floating' out there can cause problems.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Are you an immediate relative of a USC? Please confirm with a professional whether the benefit is available to you before you file.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.