Where should I file a contempt of court order due to visitation not honored by custodial parent to non-custodial parent?

Asked about 1 month ago - Augusta, GA

Custodial parent lives in FL, non-custodial parent (me) stationed in GA. I have only seen my son (15 yrs. old now) 3 out of 12 scheduled times since 2010 (as per current court order). She refuses meeting me half way (location detailed in the court order) for the exchange and does not accept any other suggestions for date/transportation. Since the docket is in MASS, I have difficulty filling for a motion in a different state (distance, job, financial). She has also limited my phone conversations with him to once every 2-4 weeks(as per court order we are to come to a "mutual agreement" for cell phone use) she makes that decision on her own. So would I file in Florida, Georgia or Massachusetts?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Glen Edward Ashman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You get a Florida lawyer, domesticate the judgment there and then sue for contempt.

    If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to... more
  2. Darrell Brinnett Reynolds Sr.

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . You need to file where she is, however, some other matters need to handle before the Fla. court will accept the Mass. Order. You need to see an attorney in Fla.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,507 answers this week

3,058 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,507 answers this week

3,058 attorneys answering