Where should I file a contempt of court order due to visitation not honored by custodial parent to non-custodial parent?

Augusta, GA |

Custodial parent lives in FL, non-custodial parent (me) stationed in GA. I have only seen my son (15 yrs. old now) 3 out of 12 scheduled times since 2010 (as per current court order). She refuses meeting me half way (location detailed in the court order) for the exchange and does not accept any other suggestions for date/transportation. Since the docket is in MASS, I have difficulty filling for a motion in a different state (distance, job, financial). She has also limited my phone conversations with him to once every 2-4 weeks(as per court order we are to come to a "mutual agreement" for cell phone use) she makes that decision on her own. So would I file in Florida, Georgia or Massachusetts?

1. You get a Florida lawyer, domesticate the judgment there and then sue for contempt.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer unless you sign a retainer agreement). Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. Note that I am only licensed in Georgia and thus cannot practice in other states. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy. State bar rules require that I disclose my name/contact information in any communication (Glen Ashman)

2. You need to file where she is, however, some other matters need to handle before the Fla. court will accept the Mass. Order. You need to see an attorney in Fla.

Child custody topics