Where should I file a contempt of court order due to visitation not honored by custodial parent to non-custodial parent?

Asked about 1 month ago - Augusta, GA

Custodial parent lives in FL, non-custodial parent (me) stationed in GA. I have only seen my son (15 yrs. old now) 3 out of 12 scheduled times since 2010 (as per current court order). She refuses meeting me half way (location detailed in the court order) for the exchange and does not accept any other suggestions for date/transportation. Since the docket is in MASS, I have difficulty filling for a motion in a different state (distance, job, financial). She has also limited my phone conversations with him to once every 2-4 weeks(as per court order we are to come to a "mutual agreement" for cell phone use) she makes that decision on her own. So would I file in Florida, Georgia or Massachusetts?

1. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

2

Answered . You get a Florida lawyer, domesticate the judgment there and then sue for contempt.

2. Darrell Brinnett Reynolds Sr.

Answered . You need to file where she is, however, some other matters need to handle before the Fla. court will accept the Mass. Order. You need to see an attorney in Fla.