Where should i do?

Asked 3 months ago - Tucson, AZ

I got accident 1 year ago and the other party filed a lawsuit against me. Looks like they are asking more than my policy limit which is 100,000. What kind of attorney do I need , most of the attorneys that I find is personal injury attorney. I just don't want this to go to the court.

Sorry for typo "What should I Do?

1. Elizabeth Taylor Herd

Pro

6

Answered . Have you notified your carrier? They should provide you with an attorney who will defend you . In addition they owe you the obligation of resolving the claim made within your policy limit.

2. David Ian Schoen

4

Answered . Just turn it over to your insurance company and they will provide you with attorneys. If the injured party has severe injuries, at some point you might want to hire your own personal injury attorney, to help the case settle within the policy limits.

3. Francis M Smith

Pro

4

Answered . Your insurance company probably has the obligation to try to settle within your policy limits, but these obligations are defined by state law and cases. Talk to your insurance-assigned attorney - ask if there is something to be worried about here. Many attorneys ask for much more than they can ever get when they file the complaint or make their first demand. Good luck.

Pro

3

Answered . Always best to retain local independent counsel to protect your interests and assets. Avvo has a great "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated Avvo attorney.

5. Jeffrey Mark Adams

2

Answered . Excellent advise provided. Personal injury attorney can help.

6. David A. Papa

Pro

1

Answered . Start by determining who the attorney is that is defensing the case for your Insurance Company. Then request that he or she get you up to speed. You should be and remain fully advised. If unhappy with the response than hire a civil defense attorney to get your rights explained and protected.